"The Mike Bender Golf Academy's highly trained staff provides off-the-charts attention to small groups." - GOLF Magazine
The Mike Bender Golf Academy offers completely customized programs taught by two National Teachers of the Year using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and unique proven training methods used by multiple major champions. It doesn't get any better than this.
Named among the Top 25 Golf Schools in America by Golf Magazine, the Mike Bender Golf Academy would be pleased to create one of our fully-customized instruction programs for you or your group on the dates of your choice.
Our academy is focused on providing the highest quality instructors and proven techniques that improve your skills and your enjoyment of the game. Most of our guests choose two to four hours of instruction each day. Instruction normally takes place in the mornings followed by lunch and then golf in the afternoons. Some students choose to add additional instruction after playing each day. Our instructors are also available to observe your play on the course. Your schedule is completely up to you and is fully customizable to your needs.
All of our custom golf school programs include:
The Mike Bender Golf Academy's fully-customized programs are unique among the game's top academies. To better understand your needs we have developed a short survey below. When you complete the survey, the results will be forwarded to our golf school manager who will contact you to answer your questions and to build the perfect golf school experience for your needs and budget.
CUSTOMIZED GOLF SCHOOL QUESTIONNAIRE
Interested in a custom golf school at our facility? Follow these steps!
ALL GOLF SCHOOLS ARE RESERVED ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE BASIS SO GET STARTED AND BOOK YOURS TODAY!
To provide some direction as to what is available we have designed samples of four types of schools for your review. There are ½-day, full-day, two- and three-day school samples available below.
• Comprehensive Short Game Test
- The Tucker Short Game test consists of 100 short game shots including putting, chipping, pitching, sand shots, wedges, and trouble shots. The players results on each skill convert to a handicap with an overall short game handicap established at the end. Because the short game constitutes more than half of a players score, the information is extremely valuable to the student and instructor in providing a priority to improve the weakest skills. It also provides a benchmark or measurement for each student to set an improvement goal for subsequent testing. From our research, a very good high school player should have a handicap of zero or better. To be on the PGA or LPGA Tour, the player needs to be a +4 or better.
• TrackMan Combine
- This evaluation is good for identifying strengths and weaknesses in a student's consistency for both accuracy and distance.
• Custom Club Fitting and Equipment Evaluation
- Each player's equipment has a big influence on the swing habits that they develop. If the equipment settings are wrong or become wrong as their swing improves, this will become a stumbling block delaying the student's progress. At the Mike Bender Golf Academy we use the TrackMan Launch Monitor which is the #1 system in the business (used by all major club manufacturers to test their equipment as well as touring professionals to dial in their equipment) to verifying that each component of the club is correct for each student. This methos it the exact same process that the tour players go through when checking their equipment.
• SAM Putt Lab
- Having a complete diagnostics of your putting stroke is very valuable for measuring improvement and also to have a comparison when things are not going well. The SAM Putt Lab is the most technologically advanced computerized putting system available and used by many touring professionals as well.
• Fitness Analysis
- This assessment is for players who have the desire and time to devote towards making their bodies perform at its peak. This assessment helps the student and instructor understand the limitations and potential problem areas in the body. Knowing this information can make a dramatic difference in the type of instruction given and also why some changes are difficult to achieve. Our fitness expert is in direct contact with the instructors explaining strengths and weaknesses to help them understand how to teach each student individually.
The Mike Bender Golf School is located at Magnolia Plantation Golf Club, one of the most challenging courses in the Greater Orlando area. Besides our beautiful home course at Magnolia Plantation, we have access to a variety of other top courses in the Orlando area where we can provide you with tee times.
Accommodations are not included in our pricing, but we have more than half-a-dozen excellent hotel options within three miles of our academy including Westin, Marriott, Hyatt Place and Hampton Inn. We also have some of the finest restaurants in the Orlando area right here in Lake Mary at every price point including Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Fishbones and Dexter's. We are located just 45 minutes from Walt Disney World and Daytona Beach.
We are here to make your time at the Mike Bender Golf Academy the best golfing experience you’ve ever had. Please let us know if you would like to create a unique, personalized golf school for you or your group and we will build the perfect itinerary and learning environment for your visit.
What recent students had to say about their golf school experience:
"The two days I spent at the Mike Bender Golf Academy were the best I've EVER spent learning to make a good golf swing. Cheryl is a consummate professional and by far, the best golf instructor I've ever had. The Bender Academy is first rate all the way, and I have recommended it to others already. For the first time in many years, I feel confident that I will be able to acquire a decent golf swing and I have the Bender Academy to thank for that."
- D. Hupp
"I am a 13 handicap golfer, who has taken lessons with various instructors all over the country. After a recent three-day golf school at the Mike Bender Golf Academy, I can safely say I received the best instruction of my career. Mike and Cheryl are top-notch instructors whose practical, technical and personal approach to the game has left me with an increased knowledge of the swing and has led to an established practice plan that will surely lead to the improvement I've been searching for.
- T. Teberg
"First let me describe Donna’s reaction. I was concerned that after the first day of 7 hours of instruction in 90 degree weather we would get in the car and her first words would be “I hope you enjoy the next two days, I plan on sitting by the pool at the hotel”. Too my delight her first words were “that was great, I really enjoyed it”. And at the end of 3 days her first comment was “I would like to do that again in the future”. This is a testament to the entire experience but primarily to the instructors. Both their skills and their approach. While working on many aspects of our games it was done in a positive and encouraging manner.
Now to the results. Donna is still in a learning mode but now has techniques and drills to work that she is comfortable with and confident will bear fruit. I expected to have my usual “post lesson dip” in performance. I didn’t really have this but also did not see the dramatic improvement I had visualized in my head. But after a couple of weeks of practice and adjustment I began to realize that I was more comfortable and confident in my swing than I HAD EVER BEEN. And lo and behold, my performance changed. I told Cheryl that my goal was to shoot consistently in the low 80s after having crept up into the upper 80s and occasionally low 90s. Over the past several weeks I have not shot over 83 except for an 84 at a course I had never played. And I feel I am on the cusp of dropping a few more strokes. I have dropped from a 15-16 handicap to a solid 12 and anticipate it will be around 10 with a little more effort on my part.
My golfing buddies have all noticed the change. And yes, I am telling them where they should go for instruction should they want to really work on their game. The MBGA was a great experience and a great value to me."
- R. Robertson
Cheryl Anderson is one of the best teaching pros with whom I have worked - and that is a very large number. She is truly exceptional, knowledgeable, patient, and persistent. She is a great communicator.